Update: Douglas County Safer at Home Order
Effective April 27, Colorado is now under the Level 2, Safer at Home Order. With this order, many businesses, including retail, personal services, and non-critical offices can reopen under strict guidelines.
Douglas County decided not to extend the Stay at Home Order under Tri-County Health due to the low number of cases compared to other counties.
Under the Safer at Home Order, many of the Sterling Center tenants are reopening for business with strict guidelines. Please see the update list of business operations below. All patrons of the Sterling Center are strongly encouraged to wear a face covering, wash their hands before entering the building, and abide by all social distancing guidelines when interacting with others and staff.
- Hospitals, pharmacies, veterinarians and other health care providers
- Utilities, oil and gas production operations, transportation infrastructure, hotels, and restaurants and bars offering takeout and delivery
- Grocery stores, gas stations, gun stores, liquor stores, marijuana shops, banks, auto supply and repair businesses, and child care centers
- The news media
- Visits to family members or other loved ones who need help or medical care
- Until further notice, all CAB playgrounds are closed. Closure signs have been posted and caution tape has been applied.
- Construction activity is considered essential the builders may continue constructing, if they choose.
- CAB will continue with all construction of public infrastructure. All construction areas remain closed to non-construction personnel. Please stay out of the construction areas as these are active construction zones.
- Community standard enforcement is being conducted on a voluntary basis. Inspections will occur, however, notices will not be sent. Homeowners out of compliance will receive a courtesy call indicating the item that falls outside the community standard with a request for voluntary compliance. Please help us to maintain the beauty of Sterling Ranch and the enhanced property values by complying with the community standards.
How does the coronavirus (COVID-19) affect the Sterling Ranch community?
Our top priority is to keep our community safe and healthy. Please know that cancellation and closure decisions do not come easily. The Board of Directors and the resident services team frequently communicate and carefully consider all options, including what the surrounding Federal and local government agencies recommend.
Virtual Lifestyle Programming:
We might not be able to gather in-person, but lifestyle programming isn't stopping, just temporarily shifting. Contact Lifestyle Director Kate Kunzie at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or ideas.
- Let your neighbors know your care! If you would like to be added to our list of neighbors willing to lend a helping hand to other neighbors in need, please contact Kate Kunzie today!
- We're working on organizing virtual lectures, fitness classes and other activities to keep you connected and motivated while following the CDC's social distancing recommendations.
- Sign up for our e-news blasts, watch the website and join our private resident Facebook page to stay up-to-date on offerings. Contact Kate Kunzie if you would like to be added to the email distribution list.
Handling Association Business Virtually:
Day-to-day operations will continue, but they will look a little different. While the office is closed to the public to practice the recommended social distancing, we will continue to handle all CAB business by phone and email.
- We are here to answer any questions you might have. Contact staff at 720-661-9694 or via email at email@example.com during business hours, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Complete architectural applications and other correspondence can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- One staff member will be inside the Resident Resource Center Monday-Friday, 10am-4pm. If you need to visit the Resident Resource Center for any reason, please call ahead before you arrive, 720-661-9694.
- One staff member will be inside the Sterling Center, 7days/week, 10am-4pm. If you need to visit the Sterling Center for any reason, please call ahead before you arrive, 303-882-7603.
Current Cancellations and Closures (until further notice)
Please know that cancellation and closure decisions do not come easily. The Board of Directors and the resident services team frequently communicate and carefully consider all options, including what the surrounding Federal and local government agencies recommend. Contact Director of Community Experience and Resident Support, Sue Santos at email@example.com with any questions.
- All amenities and facilities, including the Sterling Center seating area, bathrooms, playgrounds, and parks are closed in compliance with the Stay at Home Order.
- In-person classes, clubs, and events.
- All non-essential Board and committee meetings.
Note: All open spaces, trails and walking paths will remain open until further notice, however, social distancing guidelines recommended by the CDC still apply in these areas. Signage will be posted. Residents assume any and all risks or responsibility for themselves and/or their guests for use of the closed facilities.