The CAB is obligated by Community governing documents to enforce the covenants of the community. If a homeowner is not abiding by the covenants, Resident Services will take the appropriate steps to bring that property into compliance.
Upon notice of a regulation violation, Resident Services follows these procedures:
The violation is investigated by staff and photo-documented, and notice is then sent via mail to the property owner. Each violation has a specific timeframe to “cure” or remedy.
First Notice of Non-Compliance
Upon re-inspection, if the violation still exists, the violation is photo-documented and the first notice of non-compliance is sent via mail to the property owner.
Please refer to the Sterling Ranch Community Authority Board Book of Fees and Forms, Section 1, A.
- First Notice of Violation of the Documents $100.00
- Second Notice of Violation of the Documents $250.00
- Third Notice Violation of the Documents $500.00
- Continuing Violation Daily fines in the minimum amount of $10.00 per day
An Owner who accumulates more than three (3) violations within a twelve (12) month period will be deemed to be a habitual offender. For habitual offenders, the Enforcement Committee may impose such additional fines as are deemed reasonable by the Enforcement Committee without regard to the fine schedule set forth above. In the event of a determination by the Enforcement Committee of a willful, wanton or flagrant disregard for the provisions of the Documents, or based on the severity of the violation, the Enforcement Committee may impose such additional fines as are deemed reasonable by the Enforcement Committee without regard to the fine schedule set forth above. All fines are in addition to any costs or expenses incurred by the CAB to Correct the Violation, which will be billed to the Owner of the Lot in Violation of the Documents.
The Community Standards Committee
The Community Standards Committee (CSC) is a committee of fellow residents that are responsible for the ministerial administration and enforcement of Sterling Ranch Governing Documents. This Committee determines whether a violation has occurred and if it has, take any enforcement action allowed by the governing documents.
The CSC meets on the first Tuesday of every month at 5:00pm.
Opportunity for a Hearing Before the Community Standards Committee
If a notice of non-compliance is received the property owner has the right to request a hearing before the Community Standards Committee. Please refer to the Sterling Ranch Community Authority Board Rules and Regulations (Covenant Enforcement/Design Review), Article IV, Section 4.4.
- A Request for Community Standards Committee Hearing form must be received within ten (10) days after the Notice of Alleged Violation has been received.
- How do I get approval for my exterior home improvement project?
- Are there any guidelines I need to follow to have a temporary dumpster or a storage pod at my house?
- What is the guideline for having a recreational vehicle at my home?
- Do I need to submit my paint colors even if I am painting my home the exact same colors?
- Do trampolines and play equipment require approval?
- Is it okay for me to access the open space to do improvements on my property?
- What can I do about a barking dog or a neighbor that does not clean up after their animals on a regular basis?